In our first of a 3 part series, we’ll discuss 5 ways to increase the effectiveness of your hotel email marketing campaigns.
As we all know, email is an invaluable tool for reaching your audience, especially in the hotel business. When used effectively, it not only encourages bookings, but it can also grow and facilitate brand loyalty – i.e. book at your property in the future and recommend you to others. Exact Target did a study that found 66% of online Americans have made a purchase as a result of an email from a brand, while only 20% have purchased in response to a message delivered via Facebook and 16% via text message. Why? Email typically has a higher psychological value than other social media communication. The trick? Creating engaging, relevant and timely messages delivered to the right audience, all the while competing for your audience’s attention in a crowded online marketplace.
But fear not, here are 5 simple yet effective ways to get the most out of your email campaigns:
1) Build your list by offering strong benefits, including exclusive discounts, to those who sign up. A contest offering a free weekend getaway with an email opt-in button is a great way to find people who are already interested in your brand and want to hear more from you.
2) Create an effective plan. Decide the schedule, frequency and content BEFORE you start the email draft. Integrate email marketing with your social media efforts.
3) Target the recipient in a personal way. Unless company emails are engaging, they often find themselves permanently placed in the spam folder or unsubscribed from all together. Use what you know about your audience to fuel the content within the email. Clear and consistent calls to action are key.
4) Use email as a feedback tool. Conduct a quick survey on what your recipients want to receive and make sure to include this content in your future emails. By making changes in response to feedback, you demonstrate dedication to your guests and make them feel valued and heard.
5) Test and track to optimize success. Change your approach based on your findings. Track bookings, purchases, inquiries, etc. Measure ROI from each email campaign to see what works and what doesn’t.
Not only can email marketing be highly effective, but also easy to use and low cost! To learn more about how Cendyn can help your hotel drive bottom line results with its eMail Marketing and cross-channel marketing management solution, click here.